Monday, October 29, 2012

A Delicious (Royal) Pain

This week sees the release of a really great book by a fabulous new author. Megan Mulry is going to be a star, I tell you. You heard it here. I read A Royal Pain way back and I'm so thrilled that everyone else will now meet Bronte and Max. And guess what. Max is an honest-to-goodness 21st century duke, incredibly hot, and a sweetheart to boot. My kind of hero!



Bronte Talbott follows all of the exploits of the British royals. After all, they're the world's most preeminent dysfunctional family. And who is she to judge? Bronte's own search for love isn't going all that well, especially after her smooth-talking Texan boyfriend abruptly leaves her in the dust. Bronte keeps a lookout for a rebound to help mend her broken heart, and when she meets Max Heyworth, she's certain he's the perfect transition man. But when she discovers he's a duke, she has to decide if she wants to stay with him for the long haul and deal with the opportunities-- and challenges-- of becoming a royal. 

In a starred review, Publishers Weekly called A Royal Pain “A delightful love story… worth reading again and again.” I agree. And I can't wait to read it again, in print. The writing is lush, the humor sharp, and the emotions deep. Delicious all around. In the interest of full disclosure, I'll tell you that Megan is a good friend. But she was only an acquaintance when I first read her book. I was so excited and thought "I need to get to know this woman better!"

If you'd like your own copy of A Royal Pain (and I can't imagine who wouldn't) I'm giving away a copy to one lucky winner. Use this contest entry form and let me know if you prefer ebook or print. I'll select the winner at random on Thursday, November 1 which is the official release date. If may also find it at your bookstores, or order it online from Amazon or Barnes & Noble and other retailers.

Contest ends Thursday, November 1, 8am EST.  Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary. All my contests subject to these contest rules.

4 comments:

  1. I entered. I very rarely read contemporaries, but this book interests me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a great book, Miranda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ella. I think you'd enjoy this one.
    @ Flora. It is! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A duke in the 21st century? That sounds very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete